Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Wisdom from MJ


I think that it is Michael Jordan who said that if you don’t know anything about something then don’t say anything about it.

I have always been on the other end of false accusations and bad rumors, because I don’t like arguing or defending myself to people who:

- I know have already made their minds up on their judgment
- Are Narrow-minded who wouldn’t take other people’s ideas or explanations
- Doesn’t deserve my attention much more my explanation

In a meeting I had today, an issue was being discussed on what delayed the planned activities of the team Y. It has always been easy to point out to our team as we handle authorizations. So if you can’t access something, our team ( referred here as team X) must have messed up something. In fairness to the person who was presenting the issue, she made a “disclaimer” that she didn’t know much about the issues, all she was informed with was that the analysts had problems with their access. The other people began raising hands and saying that “why did team X messed up the access?”, “it’s a regular activity, why does this issue still come up, haven’t team X know by now the correct access?”. I was so tempted to raise my hand to defend my team but fear that my voice will crack up if I speak which oftentimes happen when I am boiling with anger or with some huddled up emotion. Then the presenter said , “yeah I know, I was thinking the same thing also, I will check with team X offline”.

And so I declared it a useless cause to air my team’s side .Because that presenter asked me some time ago what happened on that issue, and I told her that the team did not mess up the access but team Y has to “turn on” something in the system prior to using the access our team. I told her to check with team Y but instead of following up with team Y, it turn out that she decided to go with her theory to present during the meeting.

I shook my head, if she doesn’t know anything about what exactly happened, she should have hold off her comments about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 17

Feom 40 days to a Joy filled life by Tommy Newberry - We do all sorts of silly things that fuel our negative emotions. As a result, we end...