Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Misery and black holes


“Being miserable doesn’t make you special”

This is the line that Dr. Wilson said to Dr. House in the TV series House MD. I don’t know if its just me or is it that some people nowadays are acting like Dr. House, “I’m miserable, admire me”, “I’m miserable which makes me interesting which makes me better than you” or the much worse, “ I am miserable, so don’t be happy, join me”. Nowadays I has been a gab fest on who is more miserable, the more miserable the story the more it gets attention. Which makes the miserable person “special” in their own world.

Don’t get me wrong, I too oftentimes bare my grudges to other people (bare not pass on), whether offline or online. But what I hate is when people groan, cry, shout or disturb the universe with their complaints but do not do ( or wouldn’t do) anything about their problem and would rather blame others for their suffering or burst other people’s bubble.

I know someone who would disturb the calmness of your night (and sometimes life) just to tell you how messed up their life is. Then if you give them an advice, they would either strongly disagree with you or insist that they cannot do it or insist that they are doing nothing wrong. What hurts me more is that they don’t believe you when you tell them things about another person that they care about even if the evidence is overwhelming. I feel like talking to my son to stop playing or watching car racing on his iPod or to my 16 year old version, very frustrating. After the monologue with that person, I always end up weary, physically, emotionally and psychologically. They are like black holes that suck everything that pass their way and envelop you with their darkness.


What’s weird for me is that they do this when you are feeling so positive with your life or have just overcame a difficulty in your life. Why can’t it be that when you're miserable too that they talk to you about it. Ironically, when you’re miserable, they share with you how great their life is. Sometimes I just want to smack them hard on their faces until they bleed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 17

Feom 40 days to a Joy filled life by Tommy Newberry - We do all sorts of silly things that fuel our negative emotions. As a result, we end...