Sunday, October 21, 2012

Benefit of the doubt

I hate when people say, “ I would like to give you the benefit of the doubt” because most of the time they are not doing it to prove themselves wrong or give the other party some kind of respect, but they are actually doing it to uplift themselves and make you feel you owe something to them for giving you a benefit of the doubt.


My Yahoo answers account has been recently suspended, reason: for posting a link that is non-Yahoo. Okay, my fault, I should have read the terms and conditions more properly. I only stated my blog as the source which was my exact reply to Yahoo. I did not know that your source should also be a Yahoo site. But based on discussions I have read in Yahoo Answers also, no account suspension has ever been lifted by Yahoo ( well none that they know of). Yahoo will send you an “obligatory” FYI email which tells you that they suspended your account, it’s your choice if you want to appeal, however, if you appeal they will review it but it does not guarantee that your suspension will be lifted.

In short, that’s the Yahoo version of giving their users the benefit of the doubt. We just want to know why you did it period.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 17

Feom 40 days to a Joy filled life by Tommy Newberry - We do all sorts of silly things that fuel our negative emotions. As a result, we end...