Monday, October 29, 2012

Thanks Asiabooks

Asiabooks is one of the major bookstores in Bangkok. This is also one of the few bookstores that English books are greater in number than those written in Thai.
During my lunch break earlier today, I went to their branch in the newly re-opened Silom complex. I bought a book with price tag as 195 baht. I havr a bad habit of not checking my receipt so it was not until I was about to go back to office that I noticed that the receipt showed 275 baht.
I was thinking over if I should go back and ask the cashier why is the price different from the tag price. In the Philippines, there are a few decent stores or sales clerks who would check for you why there is a discrepancy in the price. Oftentimes they would just tell you that they cannot do anything about it as it is what appears when the barcode is read or that the tag price is incorrectly placed on your item. Nonetheless, I went back and anticipating the worst.
But I was deligted when the sales clerk entertained me with a smile, went to their stockroom (took less than 3 minutes) and said "we're very sorry" a couple of times, before she reprinted a new receipt and gave me the correct change. She also had me fill up small slip to declare that I am "replacing" the item with the lower priced one.

So, I will give where praise is due.. Good job and excellent customer service Asiabooks Silom Complex!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 17

Feom 40 days to a Joy filled life by Tommy Newberry - We do all sorts of silly things that fuel our negative emotions. As a result, we end...