Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Five people you meet in heaven - my take

The Five People You Meet in Heaven is a novel by Mitch Albom. It recounts the life and death of a maintenance man named Eddie. After dying while trying to save a little girl from a falling amusement park ride, Eddie finds himself in the afterlife where he encounters five people who significantly affected his life.

- Wikipedia entry

My version:

1) My high school Filipino teacher who announced in class one day that the teachers were talking about me being “maarte” (tagalog word which the closest english translation would be a mix of a prima donna and drama queen). She said this is what she told her co-teachers “ Maarte nga siya pro yung maarte na hindi nkakasakit ng ibang tao ( she is indeed a prima donna/drama queen but the kind that doesn’t hurt other people)”.

- Don’t get me wrong, I am not offended. Rather, I take it as a compliment.

2) A good friend who told me while we were exchanging stories on ex and current boyfriends – “You tend to love more the people who don’t love you back as much as you do and worse, those who don’t deserve it”.

- What can I say? Story of my life.

3) College classmate when talking about what we think an ideal boyfriend should be –“ We don’t get everything we want”.

- Need I say more?

4) Former manager – “You write very good emails but when you talk it’s as if you are different person, you lack the confidence”

- Yeah, I know 😰

5) Most people when I was young – “Maganda ka sana kaya lang maitim ka (you could be pretty if you have not been dark skinned)”

- Go to hell!😖

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 17

Feom 40 days to a Joy filled life by Tommy Newberry - We do all sorts of silly things that fuel our negative emotions. As a result, we end...