Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Truth

Before, I have strongly believed in " the truth shall come out", to the point that even when all people against me over a lie I just keep quiet and let then "feast" over me.But things change, because now I more often than not would like to correct right away if someone heard a lie about me or have a misconception about me.I don't know what it is about me that I somehow seem to uncover the lie or deception that people try to conceal.I have a colleague, her previous supervisor has high praises for her, saying that she is always willing to take on new responsibilities, do not complain and always willing to adjust her shifts when needed.But when she joined in my team, she seemed so lazy. Wouldn't take initiative, and when assigned with a task she would always giggle which I initially taught was cute but now that she's more than 6 months in the team it isn't cute anymore. She always has a reason why she cannot go on an eary shift which is always her kids. Being a mom myself, I don't want to take it against her, but considering that she has a mother in law who she lives with and a husband who does not have an office job ( only goes to work when called) I was expecting more flexibility from her aside from the fact that when she was in her previous team her boss was so proud that she is very flexible in terms of schedule changes.I am not a confrontational person and somehow I still believe in the truth will eventualy come out. But one time that she began posting in Facebook about quotes on being a leader or leadership, I felt obliged to talk to her in private.I told her straight away that I was disappointed because she had so much praises from her previous team which is contrary to what she is showing in her current team. She just nods, smiles and occasionally says "OK". She made me think if I was a very bad colleague or team lead or that I was so lenient with her ( due to her high appraisals) that she saw me as a doormat that she can manipulate. Or that she has always been living a lie and deceiving her previous supervisor in order to be given a high appraisal and moved to our team.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 17

Feom 40 days to a Joy filled life by Tommy Newberry - We do all sorts of silly things that fuel our negative emotions. As a result, we end...