Tuesday, October 10, 2017

What's in a position name?

I hold a position/title of team lead in my current job. My team doesn't have an immediate manager so I sort of act as our manager and report to the Operations Manager. The team is actually subtly subdivided into 2 groups, the 1st group is the operations team who is based here in Manila and the other (the projects/implementation team) in the home country of our company. Recently, it was announced that the team member who is part of the projects team and who has been in the company for 3 years ( I am in the xompany for a year) and in the home location for 1.5 years got promoted to Technical Manager. That means, I will now be reporting to him. For me it was not weird or awkward. But other people in the company based in Manila seem to think otherwise.
They would ask me questions which team or team members are now under the Technical Manager. Is he the same level as the Operations Manager? Don't I think that it was a leap of a promotion?
Aside from that, people ( and yes including managers of other teams) ask me questions about some admin stuff that they are unsure of. Now, I see them looking like they were saying "ooh that must be embarassing what happened to her". And they now show animosity towards me as if I should not be associated with a manager like him. Even the assistant who is usually all smiles with me is now very distant.
Which makes me want to set my Lync status to: I did not get demoted! I am a team lead eversince! Its the person that I am reporting to that got changed!

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 17

Feom 40 days to a Joy filled life by Tommy Newberry - We do all sorts of silly things that fuel our negative emotions. As a result, we end...