Sunday, October 8, 2017

Bully

I just saw an "FB war" between 2 bloggers that I follow with one accusing the supposedly more famous one as being bully.

I just remember an incident that happened the other day. There was a "tradition" in my office that you have to treat your officemates on your birthday or at least on your birthmonth. Since the number of people has grown from less than 50 to almost 100, it then become a "by invitation". When I was new in the office, I was "bullied" into this, I did not complain since they say everyone (at least in the group)does it. I did not mind at first but when I saw how some in the group don't mind ordering a lot of food, I became pissed.
In the next dinner treats that followed I would decline the invite, and then 3 celebration dinners before my birthmonth, I was no longer invited each time. And they were doing the "invitation" discreetly. I shrugged it off thinking that they probably think she won't join anyway, why bother?
Then my birthmonth came, and then one of people in that group who shares the same birthmonth as me approached me and asked if I have any suggestions where we will treat the group. I laughed hard and barely controlling myself to blurt out "are you f*cking serious?" He did not seem to get it first because he said, "you don't have any suggestions?"
Forward to the incident, they again joined together for the celebration dinner, they did the invitation again discreetly. There are 3 things that pissed me off. One is when I caught one of them that they already sent out the invite and I was not invited, he just laughed it off. Second reason that I got pissed off is that person who laughed it off, was once ignored by that group. I would always catch him eating alone in the nearby convenience store when previously they would ask him to join. I would chat with him then when no one dared join him. Third reason is that its like their slapping me in the face, when the newest team member in my team got invited. The same team member that I warned them about to be careful about sharing comments about the other team because she is a blabbermouth.
I am sure tomorrow they will smile at me, chat and laugh with me as if we were BFFs.
Those are the kind of bullies we have today, not the old school ones who will unceasingly tease you and make fun of you in front of other people. The new breed of bullies are the ones who will pretend that they are friends with you and that they have nothing against you but one turn of your back and they are talking bad thins about you and worse planning things that would tell the other people that they are not actually friends you. I would rather have the old school bullies because you know right away that you have to stay away from them. But this new breed, they lure in, push you out then act as if nothing has changed and then if you already know their bs and you stay away from them they act as if you are the one who is at fault.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 17

Feom 40 days to a Joy filled life by Tommy Newberry - We do all sorts of silly things that fuel our negative emotions. As a result, we end...