Sunday, May 12, 2013

Three Moms

I am one of those "special" ones that have more than one mother. I have 3.
My first mother was my biological mother , she died the day after giving birth to me. Never had the chance to see her face, hear her voice or feel her touch. The only thing I know about her is that she prayed so much to have a daughter after having 2 boys. And that after giving birth, she smiled when she saw me and was told that I was a girl. That was the story my father told me.
My second mother was my foster mother, she took care of me days or probably weeks ( stories from relatives are inconsistent) after my biological mother died. She took care of me and loved me for 25 years.
My third mother was actually a cousin who as far as I can remember took care of me during the times I was sick when I was young. I asked my 2nd mother why I ended up calling my cousin "mommy" and she said it's because I was always with her when I was little and she always attends to my needs when I cry.
After the hoopla on Mother's day wears off, I want thank all 3 of them for what I am now. I am not the best person right now but God knows I try to be. And I wish that somehow in some little way, I have made or can made them proud of me.
May my two moms be at peace in heaven Herminia Valentin Armado and Crisanta Armado Garcia.
May God guide and help my mommy Leonila Garcia Santiago with all her needs and worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 17

Feom 40 days to a Joy filled life by Tommy Newberry - We do all sorts of silly things that fuel our negative emotions. As a result, we end...