Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Chowking – Episode 1 – The Manager’s Wrath

My experience with the feedback form of BNH hospital made me reminisce my previous experiences with giving feedback to services and stores.

I had this experience with the fastfood chain in the Philippines, Chowking and their feedback hotline. I had 2 ( or 3) experiences with this chain and here is the first one.

My first experience with their feedback hotline was around 5 years ago at their branch in Robinson’s Pioneer in Mandaluyong City. My husband and I were having dinner when we noticed we were missing some condiments (Filipinos just love condiments!). As a common practice in the Philippines, you can ask a crew or staff for it if in case they have no condiments area, it is already used up or you’re simply lazy to stand-up again once you are already seated. When I said you can ask a crew/staff they usually are the ones who go around the dining area serving the food or cleaning up the tables which oftentimes include the store manager/supervisor.

And so we asked the store supervisor when she passed by our table for condiments. She nodded to acknowledge our request. Since the place was full, we didn’t mind the wait and ignored that she didn’t have our request when she passed by our area again. The second time she passed by (second time after we told her our request), my husband reminded her of our request. And as I remembered, we finished the meal (unsatisfied) without her bringing the condiments we requested even if she has passed 2 or 3 more times .

In the receipt, there is a number there to call or text for your feedback/comments/suggestion (with the note: We value your feedback). So I texted the number, summarized our experience and provided the details (branch, date and time of experience and supervisor name). If I remember correctly, the first SMS I received is to acknowledge first that they received the complaint and informed me that my concern will be forwarded to the store supervisor. A few minutes later, I received an SMS from a different number and the sender introduced herself as the branch supervisor and began badgering me with questions (squeezed in one long SMS, in the old times, you would see 3/3 in your mobile phone):
(These are no longer the exact words but same line of thought)
- When did this happen?
- What exactly happened?
- Have you tried reminding me (store supervisor) again
- Can you give me your full name and address?
- Have you considered that the area is full and not everyone can be accommodated immediately
- Did I (store supervisor) not acknowledge the request?
- Can you describe in detail the incident (yes, she asked twice)

And yes! I did not reply back. I know what they say that you could not truly know a person’s feeling by the way she texts/writes but based on her SMS, I can feel that no apology is in order and instead I might end up being banned from entering her branch instead.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 17

Feom 40 days to a Joy filled life by Tommy Newberry - We do all sorts of silly things that fuel our negative emotions. As a result, we end...