Thursday, July 31, 2014

Broken doll

I dont easily give up. As child when my toy gets broken, I don't throw it right away, I will put scotch tape, packaging tape, or glue on it. I remember having a "walking doll" and for some reason one of its legs got broken and removed right from its hips, I put on lots of packaging tape on the leg and around the hip and waist so that the leg wouldn't fall off. Eventually, of course, the tape did not hold well. For quite some time, I pretended that my doll was handicapped or suffered a bad car accident which resulted to the injury. I was told by my mother to throw away the doll as its no "use" anyway. I wouldn't budge in even if at times I would detest playing with it as its not fun playing with a doll with only one leg. And then suddenly, the doll was nowhere to be found in the house.

When I made a bad decision, I always try to stick with it and defy all odds to prove to others and most especially to myself that I did not make a bad decison, that things will eventually go well. And sometimes I just wait for the  someone to throw the "doll" away for me.

Maybe its ego or just plain stupidity.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 17

Feom 40 days to a Joy filled life by Tommy Newberry - We do all sorts of silly things that fuel our negative emotions. As a result, we end...