Sunday, June 15, 2014

The faults in "The Fault in Our Stars"

SPOILER ALERT !!!!!! This is my novice review of the movie The Fault in Our Stars, so if you haven't watched the movie you know what to do...
Another note: I have just read only 2 chapters of the book so I still have no idea what will be the climax or end of the story.

Things that I didn't like about the movie because I have a feeling that:
1) it would not be Hazel who will die first to give the movie a "twist"
2) Peter van Houten would be an a*hole. I was a bit surprised when "he" paid for their dinner but then wasn't disappointed when it turns out that he did not know that his assistant did it.
Although, another "twist" that I was thinking is that Peter did not actually replied to Augustus' email and that he just created a bogus account. So that made me smile hahaha.
3) Isaac's relationship will not last when he truly goes blind. It would be too good if his gf still stayed with him after the operation.
4)  okay, this one I think we all know. Hazel will eventually fall in love with Augustus no matter how she resist it.
5) someone close to Peter died of cancer which is why he could not talk about the book as it reminds him of that person

All others:
1) for an 18 year old, Augustus is a very deep thinker.
2) the scenes where Hazel was waiting by the window for a call or a message from Augustus is very reminiscent of Bella waiting by the window for Edward to come back
3) seriously, how did Augustus track Peter van Houten's assistant?
4) they really have to show that all the fan mails scattered in Peter's house to emphasize he doesn't care? Maybe the assistant doesn't really care too? Because if she does, the mails should be neatly tucked somewhere.
5)how did they make love without removing that oxygen hose? Hahaha
6) why is that its the girl who always have to be crying in the end? That is why I love City of Angels.

And most of all, I think the reason why I did not like the movie was because of the girl who is seating on my other side because:
1) when there is a close-up of Augustus, she moves front of her seat and keeps fiddling with her mobile phone. I think she is very tempted to take a photo of the screen.
2) she keeps talking to her boyfriend and asking what will happen on the next scene, or what she predicts will happen. What particularly annoyed me is when Augustus asked Hazel to go to the church so he could hear her eulogy for him, the girl beside me told her boyfriend "baka magppakasal na sila!"
3) she has these annoying questions like:
 - bakit di siya tinutulungan? Di ba nila alam na maysakit siya?" (This is when they are in Anne Frank's house). 
 - Sino ba yang si Anne Frank? Ah.. Yan yata ung babae sa stairway..( okay this might be acceptable because not everyone knows her) 
- Pwede na sila mag-drive kahit teenager pa lang?
- Buti pa magulang nila accepted sila, dito sa atin inde ( okay, not a question hehe)

One thing I liked about the movie is when Hazel's mother told her " it's OK to let go" when she was dying when she was younger. This actually almost made me cry. Almost! Sorry no tears from me on any of the other scenes either!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 17

Feom 40 days to a Joy filled life by Tommy Newberry - We do all sorts of silly things that fuel our negative emotions. As a result, we end...